Thursday 12 February 2009

Fitna by Geert Wilders

I have read and heard people saying that Wilders has taken sentences out of context from the Qur'An. I have checked what are thought to be accurate translations by well-respected Islamic scholars and the wording of the texts quoted by Wilders is perfect. However, I am willing to be convinced. So, if someone can show me in what way these are taken out of context, ie., what the original intention was, if different, AND they can show me texts from the Qur'An which are comparable to Jesus teachings from The Sermon on The Mount, eg., "Love your neighbour," and "Love your enemy," then I may reconsider my opinion about the Qur'An being a book of hatred towards Jews and Christians.

Maybe someone could show me a quote from the Qur'An that expresses a similar sentiment to 1st Corinthians 13: "Faith, hope and Love, and the greatest of these is love." Note: this is not just referring to love for your fellow Jews or your fellow Christians. The love here is not qualified. So, is there such a text? Faith, hope and love for ALL of your fellow humans, totally unqualified as believers in Allah, just everyone? Please show me.


Fitna Part 1



Fitna Part 2


7 comments:

Himself said...

As left wing as I am, not all left wingers get it right and not all right wingers get it wrong.

I ran a few posts on Wilders when first he made his movie, they may be of interest.
onlyinamerica Wilders

And my point about leftists.
sometimes my fellow leftists

AnnaEsse said...

Thank you for your comment. I shall have a good look at the posts you mention when I have been shopping and sit down with a cuppa!

Best regards,

Anna

AnnaEsse said...

BTW, himself, do you know where parts 3 and 4 of this film are? Woops! I can't find them!

Anna

Himself said...

Hello Anna, perhaps I should have stressed reading the original article:
The Cruellest Race
Posts under the label "Women in Islam" you may also find enlightening.

AnnaEsse said...

Thanks again, himself.

Anna

Anonymous said...

Anna, there is little or no context to the koran... anyone who says something is taken out of context in the koran has likely never read it. It is little more than the meandering thoughts of a murderous, child abusing,woman hating, anti-semite salesman.

I love your site, and we are quite lucky to have you drop in at Obambi.com from time to time!
AnnaEsse for President!
Sean Murphy

AnnaEsse said...

I know, Fishleg. I obtained a copy of the Qur'An after 9/11 because I couldn't believe that any holy book would encourage such acts.I was stunned. So many texts about enemies being Christians and Jews and about killing them wherever they were found. So many Muslims just come out with the standard, "taken out of context," without bothering to explain what the context is and how the quote has been taken out of that context.