Friday 6 November 2009

Intellectual Property

....................................
It has come to my attention today, that someone is seeking to publish an English version of the book by Gonçalo Amaral, English title, "The Truth Of The Lie." That person has views of opened pages of the book on his web site and it can be read easily. The wording is identical to my translation. Now, since no two people translate exactly word-for-word, I suspect that the contents of this book are my translation.


If this is my translation, I have not been approached for my permission to use this version, which I have spent months working on.

I hereby state that everything on this blog is my intellectual property and that I have not given anyone permission to transmit any of it in printed form.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would think you're quite upset about Stevo printing this book without your permission.

I don't know what's happening to the Madeleine Foundation, but Stevo seems to be a law unto himself.

I hope he's also not causing problems for Dr Amaral by printing this book in his name, presumably without permission from him either.

I don't know what to believe about the Madeleine Foundation anymore but I do think it's irreparably damaged now after all the bickering going on between them.

Ironside said...

This is a very serious matter. No one can print anything that you have written Anna without your permission. I know this because a friend of mine wrote a book and I sent him a letter. He wanted to put this letter into his book. He phoned me and asked my permission I said yes go ahead..he then told me I need your written permission including lots of personal details. He said by law he needed this to cover himself. Stevo has been a fool..Amaral can now sue Stevo for using his name and claiming to have his permission to go ahead...if Stevo has nothing in writing he does not have a leg to stand on. I know that the laws in the States are different to the UK but even so Stevo knows Amarals position at the moment I hope he has not lied about having been in contact with him. If he has Stevos name and his book will be mud..Once again if Stevo has lied he is no better than Mitchel and the Mccanns.